Stage 1: Familiarization
- Websites are assessed relative to their competitive
set without disclosing the client.
- Respondents are given multiple test websites
to systematically review prior to a formal interview.
Stage 2: Guided Tour
- The formal assessment involves a one-hour, one-on-one
interview conducted at a central location with a
one-way mirror for client viewing.
- The respondent is guided through each test website
in a pre-determined sequence and asked to evaluate
the sites with respect to a number of criteria (e.g.,
layout and design, navigational ease, organization,
content and usefulness).
Stage 3: Comparison and Assessment
- After all websites are assessed independently,
respondents are asked to compare and contrast the
test websites. Respondents then rate the overall
quality of the websites, and select the most and
least useful site from those assessed.
- Finally, the client's site is assessed utilizing
standardized techniques to identify competitive
strengths and weaknesses.